Friday, November 30, 2018
28A Your exit strategy
My exit strategy is a little different for this venture. I don’t feel like it’s my baby like my own business, so I don’t have an attachment to it. The reason I wanted to start the security company was because no one was implementing anything to stop people from getting guns in to our schools. If somebody was I wouldn’t care about starting it.
My exit strategy is that I would create the business as a temporary cash flow with the assumption that it will dissolve itself. The reason I believe it will dissolve itself is because of the bureaucracy of the school system and the bureaucracy of the government. I believe if I were able to get it in to a hand full of schools immediately other vendors would step in to other areas where they have connections with decision makers at schools and possibly the federal would create legislation once it gained popularity to make it a federal requirement. Once it’s a federal requirement the contracts will be offered to people with connections to those decision makers.
My exit strategy has been based on the politics and inefficiency of government. It would influence my willingness to invest an abundance of my own money in the venture knowing that I would most likely be paving the way for other people to get contracts with the government.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Scott, I really like your different approach to the exit strategy. The purpose of making the business in the first place is unlike most others. You talk of your business like it is the catalyst of a big movement that needs happen. It is big, risky, and I love it. Good luck and I hope it does not get dissolved as quickly as you say.
ReplyDelete