Unfortunately for this assignment there isn’t anybody that I have found that is engaged in the type of business I am trying to create. I have found a couple of services that are trying to help with active shooter training etc. for schools but none close to being like what I am proposing. Since there wasn’t I chose an expert that would have the knowledge for my business. For the expert on my market I used a person that is deeply involved in the market I am trying to penetrate and for a supplier I contacted a person that has been involved in selling other services to municipalities.
The first person that I interviewed is a law enforcement officer and military veteran that has combat experience. He was my choice for an expert for my business. I consider him to be the domain expert.
I have known many law enforcement officers for years and constantly interact with them on a regular basis.
I asked him for feedback for my idea and I included him as a person I would like to have as an expert in my project. He was very positive with his response and showed sincere interest in being an expert for my business. I felt it would benefit him greatly to be a part of the project.
The goodwill would be mutual. We would each get benefit from each other. I receive goodwill for bringing him in as my expert and he receives goodwill by providing expertise to my project.
The second couple are a teacher and principal that are married.
I consider them to be experts in my market because I need to get it in to the school.
I found the person by contact in our neighborhood. We met and talked one morning.
They were very pessimistic about getting anything done in the schools. They were very negative about the process and ability to get in and get things accomplished. The favor they did for me was they talked about their experience and I have them as a contact to find others that may be able to help me in the system.
The return expectation is that I talked with the briefly about the housing market and finances and our children. I let them know I had contacts that may give their son assistance and advice with his career and I was willing to make contacts to set those up if he was interested.
The third couple is a business owner that sells products to the school system. They lease products so that they come out of the operating budget instead of selling them items as capital expenditures.
I found him through my contacts from my business I know his background.
I consider him to be my supplier expert.
I spoke with him about my idea and the service I would like to create. He showed interest in the project and would like to help with it. Because he has been involved with the school system he has any contacts inside that could allow us to evaluate our service.
The goodwill that he gave me is interest in being involved and using his contacts to get in to the system. What he would be getting in return would be the project going in to his district and his community.
I consider myself to be very social and I enjoy talking to people. It drives my wife nuts because I will see somebody and start talking and before you know it were creating a bond. I think the bonds are always valuable. I think if you create the bonds only for business it is disingenuous. I would never join a church for marketing for my business. In fact, I stay out of business involvement in anything in my church. I just think people need to get out there and meet people. It’s interesting and good things happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment