Friday, November 16, 2018
23A Your ventures Unfair advantage
10 Resources I already possess
I have a security expert.
Valuable Yes
Rare somewhat. It is not common to find people with this his background.
Hard to imitate no
Organized around it no
I have a building contractor.
Valuable yes
Rare no
Hard to imitate no
Organized around it no
I have the financial resources for any needed startup money to begin a project.
Valuable yes
Rare somewhat. Not a lot of people have the resources to spend on a startup.
Hard to imitate no
Organized around it no
I have a contact that is an entrepreneur that has already been in schools with projects.
Valuable yes
Rare yes, it is not very common to get a project in to the school system
Hard to imitate yes, it is difficult to get in to the school
Organized around it no
I have several local contacts that I can use to get in to talk to people.
Valuable yes
Rare yes it takes a lot of years in the community working with people.
Hard to imitate yes it takes years.
Organized around it yes, the contacts are very important to the project
I have experience running a business.
Valuable yes
Rare somewhat not a lot of people have run successful businesses
Hard to imitate no
Organized around it no
I have a good reputation I the community.
Valuable yes
Rare somewhat it takes years to develop
Hard to imitate no
Organized around it somewhat it is important to the project
I have grit (motivation and determination.)
Valuable yes
Rare somewhat Without grit nothing gets done
Hard to imitate somewhat you either have it or you don’t
Organized around it yes you must be motivated to get a project moving and developed
I have children with a lot of contacts in the community and social media that can be utilized.
Valuable yes
Rare no
Hard to imitate no
Organized around it no
I have schools and educators that know and trust me.
Valuable yes
Rare somewhat they are important contacts from years of business
Hard to imitate somewhat it takes years to create
Organized around it no
After conducting the VRIN analysis I observed that my most valuable resource is my social capital. Over the years I have developed relationships with so many people in business and in the community. I have the ability to get people to cooperate and contribute to a venture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello Scott,
ReplyDeleteIt seems like you have done a great job networking over the course of your career. Who you know is vital in every aspect of life and your school security business is no exception. Your local contacts in the community along with the security expert that you know and the building contractor will help fast track your business to success.