Friday, November 2, 2018
19A Idea Napkin 2
My talents are that I can get things done through a mixture of talents that I have. I am both analytic and I am social. I can analyze and evaluate situations and the ability to organize motivate others to be involved.
In my background I have always been around patriotic people and military families. I grew up in some poor areas and saw a lot of crime and violence and have instinctively always wanted to help and protect others.
Regarding my business concept, I would like to be involved but really don’t care about the profitability side of the equation or the control side. I already have a successful business that I enjoy running. I would gladly have others come in and take responsibility. I would still like to be involved on a limited scale. I just want to see the problem fixed and be a part of the solution.
What I’m offering to customers is a service for security services for schools. Evaluation and implementation of the location and the recommendations on how to harden the target primarily by keeping weapons from making it in to the school.
I am offering it to the schools but indirectly am offering it to the people of the community. The parents the students the teachers. The biggest obstacle is that the schools must allow the community to propose solutions and it doesn’t seem as if it is very easy to get a school to change anything. The downside of dealing with government bureaucracy and inefficiency.
The school cares they just seem to have a terrible time changing and solving problems. The community cares because they want to protect themselves and their loved ones.
I don’t believe in most cases a person is able to accomplish things because of a special talent. I typically believe it is a combination of characteristics that allow the person to be successful at what they are doing. My talents is that I have a combination of characteristics. I am smart, I am motivated, and I like interaction with others. I have a desire to help and protect others that is part of who I am.
The feedback I received only stated that they did not understand the product or service I was offering. It was not a person from within our group and the napkin didn’t ask for detail on the service, so it wasn’t included. I changed my idea napkin slightly to focus more on the resistance to implementation or the school as the customer because they are the decision maker that is needed for implementation. Even though I consider the community to be my customer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Scott, I believe it was important to change your customer from the community to the school. Though the community is the one benefiting from the added security, they aren't the ones directly buying the service. Your product will benefit greatly from this distinction.
ReplyDeleteHey Scott,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment about the American dream. When you state it concisely like that it makes me happy to be a citizen of this country. In highschool we over analyzed it in preparation for us to hit an over saturated job market by the time we got out of college. On another note, I greatly appreciate your idea. It’s an opportunity that is very real and it says a lot about you. My mom is a teacher and my dad works with both the school board and the University so this is an issue talked about often in my household. I think school boards know something like this needs to happen so talking to the book keepers and the individuals in charge of bids could get your foot in the door. Companies like Office Depot are putting emphasis on selling services as well as goods to compensate for the loss of profit from Amazon so I am sure the process for bidding would be much the same.