Friday, October 19, 2018

16A My Secret Sauce



What’s Your secret sauce?

5 ways that I believe I am unique

I ultimately don’t believe that I am different than everybody else. I believe I have some traits and behaviors that I can capitalize on to accomplish the goals that I set for myself.

My experiences that make me would be all the experiences I have had in my life both good and bad. Three that I think are most important are first my military background. I was raised in a military family and lived in many places, so I formed a love and interest in America. I think understanding how unique America is allows you to enjoy the opportunities available to her people.  

Second at a young age I had a girlfriend with wealthy parents and I enjoyed spending time with them and saw all the wonderful things they were able to do as a family, so I always had the drive to work hard and be financially stable.

The third would be My family. I was raised in a family with good values where family and faith are important. My parents are good people and they always did their best to teach us how to be good adults.

My five traits that I feel sets me apart from others.

I am disciplined. I have a high level of discipline to set routines or objectives for myself and to stay committed to them.

I am driven. I am always setting new goals and always pushing myself to meet them

I am a good person. I always want to help people and animals.

I am analytic. I am a rational thinker that can properly evaluate and analyze issues.

I am detailed. I want everything done to a high standard and everything needs to be done.  

In my interviews I asked to focus on two things that make me who I am (because I didn’t think traits are unique to one person.)  

My first interview was that I am smart, and I am a type A. He said I am smart because of what I do and how knowledgeable I am about things and I am a type A because of how I live my life day to day.

My second interview was that I am conscious, and I have a good Heart. She said I am conscious because I want everything a particular way and I have a good heart because of what I do with charity and animals.

My third interview was that I am intelligent, and I am motivated. She said that I am knowledgeable, and I am always working or doing a project or a task.

My fourth interview was that I was a little OCD and I am competitive. He said I am a little OCD because I like everything clean and orderly and I am competitive in everything I do because I want it better than everybody else’s.

My fifth interview was that I am young at heart and intellectual. She said I am young at heart because I like doing things that younger people do and things that younger people are interested in and that I am intellectual because I am up on business and politics.

I don’t think there was a lot of differences between my own assessment and my interviews. The only thing I would say is that after so many years I recognize flaws in my own traits that I try to work on constantly and I constantly reevaluate my progress and goals. I didn’t get any of those flaws in my evaluations which I was pleased with, but I didn’t think anybody would say anything negative anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Scott, great job being able to see your human capital based on experiences you have had in your life, like your military background and your family values. You were able to really assess yourself and the people you interviewed had similar things to say. Your intelligence, completive natural, and that you are a good person were all highlighted in the interviews. Good job.

    ReplyDelete