Friday, October 12, 2018

14A Halfway Reflection




The behaviors that I have used to keep up with the requirements of this course have been proactivity organization and discipline. I had blocked off time during my week. I blocked off 12 hours during the week for me to do work knowing that I should not need that much time for the course. It allows me enough time to go in to the assignments before they are due. I am disciplined enough not to wait until the due date to complete the assignments.

The only time I felt like giving up was on an assignment that I had to complete on a day that I was swamped and had very little time. The assignment was the first video. I knew I had completed the extra credit assignment and could afford to let the assignment pass and not complete it. It made me feel like a slacker the thought of intentionally not completing the assignment. I cancelled a couple of things from my schedule and went in to my office to record the pitch. Things went extremely smooth and I was done in less than an hour and was able to keep my commitments.

Three tips I would offer are.

Do The work! Don’t slack off and just write garbage. The class will benefit you if you take it seriously.

Be organized. Read the instructions and follow them and schedule time well before the due date to work on the assignment.

Watch the lectures. They are interesting and contribute details you should use to complete the assignments properly.

2 comments:

  1. Scott, I relate to your post because for this assignment I wrote about how I also organize and block out time in my planner for the assignments in this class and other classes. The planner enables me to not feel overwhelmed or miss an assignment by accident. I also agree with your tip of watching lectures because they provide details for the cupcakes and assignments. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scott;
    Like you, I have also used organization and discipline to keep up with the requirements of this class. I have also blocked off about 12 hours of my week to do the work. Lastly, your tips are a must for whoever wants to do well in this class. I believe the work is simple; we only have to commit and block off time to do the assignments and watch the lectures. For the future, keep on the excellent work, Scott! Go Gators!

    ReplyDelete