Friday, October 5, 2018

12A Figuring out buyer behavior




My service is different from a normal product because the need only comes from exposure to news stories about school violence or exposure to violence which is rare.  

The segment I chose was parents with children in school. With the interviews the need for protection is consistent but increases when there is an occurrence of violence at a school.

When the need arises, they start looking for solutions to protect their children. Some don’t want to send their kids to school to keep them safe. They then feel powerless because they alone can’t protect their children and they don’t feel they can keep them out of school. The buyer doesn’t have any service or product they can purchase so they turn to organizing and trying to motivate government and municipalities.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Scott,

    Did any of the people you interviewed give different perspectives on the matter? Maybe one feeling more emotional about student violence than the other? Also, how exactly do you purpose to fix the problem at hand? I am interested by your opportunity here and would love to here more of the idea you have. In other feedback, I think the readers would appreciate if you gave more substance in your blog post so we can understand your big picture and vision. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, you have a really interesting service here regarding school safety, which is a big problem. I liked that you interviewed parents of school age students to get their take on school violence. That is true that school districts turn to the government in times of need when violence arises in schools. In that case, what would your service serve to do? Just need some more information. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Scott,

    I believe that it would help your service to segment the population further. What you could include are things like location, type of schools, age of parents. I feel that your product would benefit greatly from that. It is a very necessary service that definitely needs to be implemented in our schools. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete